Dear David Bowie…
TR: Anniversary Concept Art
Scientists discover most relaxing tune ever
Sound therapists and Manchester band Marconi Union compiled the song. Scientists played it to 40 women and found it to be more effective at helping them relax than songs by Enya, Mozart and Coldplay.
Weightless works by using specific rhythms, tones, frequencies and intervals to relax the listener. A continuous rhythm of 60 BPM causes the brainwaves and heart rate to synchronise with the rhythm: a process known as ‘entrainment’. Low underlying bass tones relax the listener and a low whooshing sound with a trance-like quality takes the listener into an even deeper state of calm.
- *looking at my legs*: Oh my god why
- *looking at my stomach*: Oh my god why
- *looking at my arms*: Oh my god why
- *looking at my face*: Oh my god why
- *trying to exercise*: Oh my god why
- *eating shitty food*: Oh my god why
- *weighing myself*: Oh my god why
- *looking at my life*: Oh my god why
- *looking at my music taste*: cool man
Here is an awesome colored version of the Half-Life 2 “Born” poster made by Melissa Smith on DeviantArt: http://bombattack.deviantart.com/art/born-328257032
(Thanks to r/HalfLife for the tip!)